Mikel denies donating $30,000 to Dream Team

Skipper of Team Nigeria to the Rio Olympics, John Mikel Obi, has denied media reports making the rounds in Nigeria that he gave $30,000 dollars to his colleagues in the U23 football group.

Talking from the group's camp at the Hyatt Place in Atlanta, USA, Mikel said, "I was first recounted this awful story by a companion who called me from Nigeria.


 I thought he was clowning until he sent me the connection. "I don't have a clue about the wellspring of this story which to me is hard and fast to separation us as a group. 


I would have suspected that stories that ought to turn out in the media are stories that will join the group as opposed to isolating us. 


Our objective in Rio is to exceed expectations, however in the event that they proceed with like this, then I consider how we can be joined together.


" Wondering why the author feels that the players are ravenous that required his cash, Mikel asked: "Let me know the players who are in this group are hungry to the point that will admire me for survival? 


Is it (William) Ekong, (Oghenekaro) Etebo, (Shehu) Abdulahi, (Daniel) Akpeyi, (Kingsley) Madu, (Okechukwu) Azubuike or (Stanley) Amuzie, who are my colleagues in the Super Eagles, that I will give to, or different players who are carrying out their specialty abroad and are finding real success? 


To me, this is simply insignificant diversion that won't help this group going into a noteworthy competition like the Olympics." The Chelsea FC expert then engaged the wearing press and Nigerians for the most part to rally round the group and wish the players and authorities well as they prepare for the men's football competition of the Rio Olympics.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »